Thu, 11 Oct 2017
Dell Boomi enables organisations to exchange data between public cloud services and local on-premise applications. Wizards are provided that walk users through the configuration of the connectors that get data into and send data out of Dell Boomi processes. We will be using a Database Import Wizard to make some local ODBC data available to Dell Boomi.
Dell Boomi supports JDBC, enabling it to access data from databases for which a JDBC driver is available. The Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge extends the number of databases that are available to Dell Boomi by bridging between JDBC and ODBC. You can then also work with data from backends for which an ODBC driver is available. For example, you can connect Dell Boomi to Microsoft Access by using the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge and the ODBC Driver for Microsoft Access:
Note Currently, the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge supports 32-bit ODBC drivers only. On Windows, all recent Easysoft ODBC drivers install both a 32-bit and a 64-bit ODBC driver.
These steps show how to access some ODBC data from Dell Boomi on Windows:
- Configure a System ODBC data source for the database that you want to connect to in Dell Boomi.
To do this, use the 32-bit version of ODBC Data Source Administrator on your Dell Boomi machine. On some versions of Windows, this is located in Control Panel > Administrative Tools. On some version of Windows, you need to search for ODBC in the taskbar search box. The 32-bit version of ODBC Data Source Administrator should be clearly labelled. If in doubt, in the Windows Run dialog box, type:
- Download the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge. (Registration required.)
- Install and license the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge on the machine where the local Dell Boomi Atom is installed.
For installation instructions, see the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge documentation.
- Copy the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge JAR file, EJOB.jar, to the Dell Boomi userlib\database subfolder, for example,
C:\Boomi AtomSphere\Atom - mymachine\userlib\database. You may need to create the userlib\database subfolder.
EJOB.jar is installed in the following location on the machine where you installed the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge:
On 64-bit Windows, the default location for <easysoft_install> is <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Easysoft Limited\Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge.
- Log in to Dell Boomi:
- Create a new component:
Property Value Type Connection Name EasysoftConnector Folder \Your Organisation Database Database
- Complete the properties for the component:
Property Value Driver Type Connection Class Name
- Choose Test Connection.
If the connection fails:
- Have you copied the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge JAR file, EJOB.jar, to the Dell Boomi userlib\database subfolder?
- IS there another JAR file present in this folder, in which case you may need to stop the Atom service on the local machine, move the JAR file to another location, and then restart the Atom service.
- Save and close the database connection.
- Create a new component:
Property Value Type Profile Name EasysoftDatabaseProfile Folder \Your Organisation Profile Format Database
- Under Data Elements, choose Statement
- Choose the Import button.
The Database Import Wizard
- In the Browse In list, choose your local machine.
- In the Connection list, choose the database connection you have just created.
- Choose Next.
- Select the tables that you require. Choose Next.
- Select the columns that you require. Choose Next.